Saturday, February 6, 2010

30-1 Series: Episode 3

 
 All izz well :)

So, finally the D day arrives...it is my happy budday! :) 30-1, does not hurt any more! hehe who am i kidding! it's killing me!

so here I am blurting out all...the countdown to this momentous occasion of celebrating my arrival into the world year after year...almost thirty years...was rather tumultuous!

As people my age are wont to...I witnessed several incidents that reiterated what amir khan said in 3 idiots...at the end of the day, all is actually well...or so you should constantly tell yourself!

Here are a few things that happened:

I tried to withdraw Rs 50 from my office ATM machine...yes you read right...Rs 50...and no it wasn't because my bania instincts kicked in....well maybe yes! but whatever! so i was trying to withdraw some money when my card was detained in the machine...now I don't know if it has ever happened to you...but I felt as helpless as a school girl who watches the class bully gobbling down her favorite cookie right in front of her eyes. :( When a message flashed on the screen saying "Your card has been detained. Contact your home branch," I felt as if the bully was saying "go do what you can!" 

I called the bank customer care executives repeatedly to find out why my card was detained. I had a feeling that it was coz the machine was angry that I had the temerity to want to borrow Rs 50...i was silently praying that some sniggering executive would not ask me in incredulous tones, "Miss Bansal, did you actually try to withdraw Rs 50 from the machine? how could you? Did you not know any better?"

Thank god, that was not the case. They had actually blocked my account. They very "helpfully" told me that they could not tell me the reason for this and that I would have to go to the "Home branch" to find out what yours truly had done to bring about the bank's ire upon herself. 

I particularly felt betrayed coz i was all set to go to Select City Walk and indulge in some retail therapy to hopefully forget about my age-related woes! God was not on my side!

Not to be deterred, I told my shopping partner that her debit card was henceforth going to be "our" card! After a serious dose of shopping, i must admit that I felt a helluva lot better...I also got my shopping partner to agree to present the clothes that I had shopped for as my birthday gift! :) so the thought of not having to pay her back made me feel MUCH better.

Any way, the following day, put on a sorry face and convinced my father to accompany his turning-thirty-in-a-year daughter to the bank to fight the big bad wolves at the bank in noida. Noida is a freaking 60-plus-or-minus-two-kilometers away from my place. There was no way I was going to travel on my own that far....

Because of this stupid trip, I was going to report late to work...really late. I had foreseen working over the weekend...exactly what I wanted...since on one of the fateful days, i would be giving in to the forces of nature...and would be turning OLD! :( 

So papa and I go all the way to noida to be told that the bank of today's times committed to serve its customers had closed my account because they had tried to send some silly mail to my postal address, which was returned twice due to nonavailability. This was my previous organization's address. Because I am really conscientious and a crusader for saving the environment, I had opted for the email statement facility. The #%$&*** also had my god-damned phone number. However, the morons insisted on contacting me through snail mail for some inane reason.

So, when the bank told me that they would take about 10 working days to open the account again, papa told them that we would close our account. Poor papa was hoping that his threat would work and the bank would bend backwards in expediting the process. :( no such luck, the jerks wouldn't move their you know what. So, the amazingly blank looking lady at the bank told us that we would be receiving the balance in my account through a check. The spiteful woman ensured that we had to spend at least 1.5 hours waiting for my hard-earned money. Okie, I take back the hard-earned bit...but MY money that I earned through whatever means.

So, basically, i was in a mood where I was screaming at everyone, feeling rather bad about the human race in general, and wondering...then while we were waiting papa suggested that we eat something.

During my LSR days, papa would sometimes go all the way from our house to drop me to college, and we would gorge on the yum egg parathas behind the college. We would pack some tea in a thermos and have our picnic. That was eight years ago...yeah yeah..that's how old I am! 

And, here we were, because of a twist of fate, after all these years, papa and I were all set to have our own picnic all over again after all these years! I know saying this goes against the vein of this blog...hehe...but I felt really genuinely pleased with life...and thankful for the turn of events!

Yes, I know you are reaching for a handkerchief...my writing does have that effect! 

I shall take your leave now...and come back again with another masterpiece soon! :)






No comments: