Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eavesdropping: 1


Have you ever noticed how sometimes we cant keep ourselves from eavesdroping...Thanks to my supposedly "holier-than-thou" nature, I keep reminding myself that eavesdroppers never get to hear anything good abt themsleves or something that they want to hear.

However, today, that was not the case. I "unintentionally" eavesdropped on a conversation that left a smile on my face and an assurance within me through the day.

The following is the snippet of a conversation between a senior colleague (SC) and my workstation neighbour (WN):

SC: Koi nahi hota hai. Life goes on.
WN: What is this about?
SC: Ye din bhi chale jayenge.
WN: Kaunse din?
SC: Bure din. Jaise ache din nahi rahe bure din bhi nahi rahenge.
WN: Are...aaj aise kaise?
SC: I read somewhere that the skin of our palm peels itself every six months. Hum apne palm ko dekhte hai and tell ourselves ki ye to mera hath hai. Six months later the skin sheds and its not the samer palm anymore. Jab apka hath apka nahi to fir...

I was hooked. :) I mean what a thing to have said yaar. Have been chanting that bit of conversation all day and cant describe to you how it affected me...




1 comment:

Yayaver said...

Jab apka hath apka nahi to fir... baat mein dum hai. waqt fisal jata hai aankhon ke samne se pata he nahi chalta.