Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine Fever...What is LOVE?


I had been thinking of updating my blog for a long time. I guess this is what they call "writer's block"... ;) well, not to fear! am well and truly rid of it now. This whole week, the whole world seemed to be gripped by the highly contagious valentine fever. Agony aunts had turned into love gurus on the electronic media, people in the office were perpetually occupied in making grand plans for the D-day...and me...I was beginning to feel like a 27 year old Bridget Jones :( I thought I was really above such frivolity.

I had convinced myself I was a mature young woman who definitely didn’t feel the need to participate in this very juvenile concept of celebrating loveeeeeeeee. But you know what, I realized that in spite of everything I was feeling lonely and well...something else I can’t describe. I explained to myself that if it was a day that was meant to be celebrated with your loved one...with somebody special in your life...then how could I have forgotten that I had a beautiful family at home.


So far, I have taken them for granted. My parents, my brother, everybody has made me feel so very special...they are the ones who have always stood beside me...and yet I have failed to give them the status they truly deserve. For the past few days I had been questioning what really is love? Is it merely making sweet beautiful promises to one another? Calling each other sweet names? Asking one another if they have reached home safely? Does it only mean going out on weekend dates? Does it only mean holding hands in public? Does a stolen kiss qualify as love? Does acting possessive and jealous over your so called significant other signify your love for the person?


I was fortunate enough to witness several incidents that answered all the questions I posed above. As an instructional designer I understand that the attention span of my audience may have wavered by now. So, I will list all these events in my next post.

5 comments:

The Withering Willow said...

First thing, the background image and the light colored text hindered easy read of the post.:(

You know I echo the same feeling...we have grown up for such frivolities like valentine day and all! That's so true that it's not necessary to have that special one only to have fun on this day or even other days too. What you all need is the company of all those people who love you and care for you. And I am sure all of us have them in plenty! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hmm well dat indeed made an interesting reading gud one mam lagey rahoo .. [:P]

The Withering Willow said...

very well said...

I very well agree that it takes a lot of grit and determination to fulfill your promises and transcend from being dreamers to lovers.

If you lack the grit, stay away... else you might end up crushing a dream.