Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Third Anniversary Sparks

May 31, 2005, SEED, Sainik Farms, Dekhi

It was around nine in the night. I was nervous as hell...I was going to stay away from my family for 2 months for the first time in my life. I had taken up my first proper job. I believed I had to be the dumbest brunette on the block (I had copper colored highlights)…


I finally entered the complex…I was so nervous my heart was jumping inside my body. I had not eaten my dinner properly and my parents had bought me a pizza. I walked past a few people who were sitting together in the cafeteria. I saw everybody smiling and laughing and my heart sank…I asked myself if I would even be able to bring myself to say hello. Some of these people went on to become my dearest friends.

I found myself sitting alone in a room thinking about what I should be doing. A few minutes later, a pretty girl knocked on my door. She had the surliest expression I have ever seen and I was so scared as it is…Now scary woman aka Shikha is my rock star pal…but then...


A few moments later a little girl with a very very squeaky voice (I think we know who we are talking about :P ) entered the room with two other girls. I had already met one of the girls at NIIT during my interview. She had this air of innate confidence that comes from having “been there –done that”. This was Neha. The other girl looked like someone you could not help being friends with. She had wild hair and looked as lost as I thought only I could be :D This was Rash.

Ash received a phone call on her cell from somebody called Ayush. He was asking her if all of us wanted to go downstairs. Everybody said yes. This was the most fun I had had in my life yet.


I was introduced to 5 guys and a girl who sat with them. All these people sat under a huge tree. People had begun poking fun at each other. I would have felt a little out of place but there was rash with her lost expression and big wide eyes. She sat next to me. And I talked nineteen to the dozen only with her. There were Aks, Ayush, Saleem, Arnab, and the girl was Sunaina. Would you believe it, I thought Sunaina and Arnab were siblings!!!! The smiles, the jokes, everything still rings in my ears…I can relive each moment with closed eyes.


This is where all of us met. This is the beginning of a series of memorable moments that I have experienced with each of you. Next post…My Kodak moments with each of you :D

1 comment:

Akshay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.